Saturday, July 16, 2011

Deep Vein Thrombosis or Leg Cramp with tingly foot?

I know, I know...you should never look up illnesses on the internet and it is never a replacement for a doctor. That being said, I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or not. I have had an achy, crampy pain in the back of my calf today. The pain was worse when walking or when flexing my foot upward. Tonight I looked up on WebMd Symptom checker and it pointed towards Deep Vein Thrombosis, or blood clot in leg, which apparently can be life threatening. I started looking at the back of it, it is not swollen or red or warmer that I notice. So I was stretching my calf and now my foot is tingling quite a bit and hurts a little towards the big toe underside. Could this possibly be a DVT or just simple calf pain. I kind of have been laying around a bit lately, but not all the time. I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor tonight or if I am just making a big deal out of a muscle cramp. Has anyone ever had experience with one that could explain to me if this sounds similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment