Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ferber (cry it out) vs. Sears (attached parenting) for a baby?

First time mom or not, you still have instincts. What do you feel would be the best method for her? Nobody here can tell you the best way to get your baby to sleep, but they can tell you the best way to get their baby to sleep. When my daughter was 5 months old, we did a version of the cry it out. When she would wake up at night, I was in the habit of just getting up and feeding her. Well, I went back to nights and my husband was at home with her. He was much slower to respond to her crying out. Sometimes by the time he got to her (5 minutes tops) she would already be back asleep. If she wasn't, he would give her a paci. If she spit it out and still cried, she got a bottle. Rocking the baby all night wasn't in the cards for us either. On a side note, have you ever thought about getting her checked by a chiropractor? I never believed in them until after I had my baby and could barely walk because my spine was so misaligned from the epidural. I had a close friend that I referred to the chiro because her baby had terrible reflux and it completely got rid of the reflux. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment